Hardware Security for Smart City & Smart Nation Concepts
This white paper will look into hardware security used for protecting Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) communication in smart city or smart nation concepts. How can one avoid or at least mitigate security risks when everything becomes connected, with machines and sensors in and around everyday life items communicating with each other and their human and non-human environment.
- Smart City: Big Data Explosion and the Question “How to keep it safe?”
- Hardware Security as the preferred choice for maximum security
- Software solutions vs. hardware solutions
- Application scenarios using HSMs
- Securing the Smart Grid – An Example of Smart Nation Challenges
- From the traditional grid to a smart electrical grid
- From the traditional meter reader to a smart meter
- Summed up: Encryption & Co. for end-to-end security
- 2020 onwards – What does our smart future look like?